CliffsNotes on Flaubert's Madame Bovary
عبر:: James L Roberts
- The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background.With CliffsNotes on Madame Bovary, you'll gain insight into Gustave Flaubert's novel that was so scandalous, he was brought to trial for immorality. Written in 1857, Madame Bovary is a pointed telling of the protagonist's immoral behavior as she ignores her duties as wife and mother to pursue her superficial romantic ideals. However, many now claim the novel as an integral part of modern European and American fiction and the forerunner and model of the realistic novel.Show your classmates – and your grade-granting teacher – that you're in the know with literature. You can't miss with chapter summaries, plot explorations, and author insights. Other features that help you study includeA brief synopsis of the novelInsightful chapter commentariesCritical essays on major themes, symbolism, style, and moreIn-depth character analysesAn interactive quiz to test your knowledgeEssay topics and review questionsClassic literature or modern modern-day treasure – you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- حقوق النشر:
- 1964 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (www.hmhco.com)
- جودة الكتاب:
- رقم ISBN 13:
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- تاريخ الجمع:
- Literature and Fiction, Nonfiction, LITERARY CRITICISM / European / French
- قيود على استخدامها:
- This is a copyrighted book.